Gartner Hype Cycle for Upstream Oil and Gas Technologies, 2016
According to Gartner, The Gartner Hype Cycle illustrates the complexity of challenges faced by the oil and gas industry. In the 2016 report Gartner says “CIOs and IT leaders should take this information into planning engagements with business, engineering and operational leaders in order to identify the appropriate priority order and timing for implementation. To avoid establishing unattainable commitments, it is crucial for CIOs to set realistic plans, especially considering the leaner market conditions of 2016.”
We are proud to be mentioned as a sample vendor in three categories of the Gartner Hype Cycle for Upstream Oil and Gas technologies, 2016: Integrated Planning and Operations, Portfolio Management Solutions and Petroleum Economic Solutions.
Integrated Planning & Operations
Aucerna (Formerly 3esi-Enersight) believes our solutions for Integrated Planning and Operations are vital for business cost optimization and the digital transformation of oil and gas companies. Our solutions give customers the ability to integrate data and workflows across all aspects of their enterprise, from strategic decision making and long-term petroleum planning to field development, and in-year execution.
Key benefits of the Aucerna Integrated Business Planning Solution:
- Reduce oil and gas business planning cycles from weeks to days
- Track progress and rapidly adapt to market conditions
- Consider alternate scenarios in minutes or hours
- Spend less time chasing and reconciling data and more time analyzing it within our software
- Gain certainty of plan achievability with central source of standardized, complete data
- Collaborate between functional teams.
Integrated planning and operations (IPO) solutions enable comprehensive planning, optimization and execution of operational activities from concept to implementation with a high degree of transparency and a low degree of data administration. These solutions optimize business or functional performance, reduce unplanned outages and improve safety.
Portfolio Management Solutions
Aucerna (Formerly 3esi-Enersight) delivers integrated solutions for Strategy Development and Portfolio Management. Our software tools, combined with expert oil and gas consulting provides companies with insight surrounding strategic planning, evaluation of trade-offs, portfolio optimization and uncertainty management. From capital allocation decisions to the evaluation of M&A opportunities, Aucerna solutions help oil and gas leaders make better, more informed decisions while strengthening their overall portfolio planning processes.
Key benefits of the Aucerna Solution for Strategy and Portfolio:
- Ensure the feasibility of strategic scenarios while balancing operational and financial considerations
- Allocate capital across a diverse portfolio
- Manage uncertainty and downside exposure
- Evaluate M&A opportunities
- Rapidly gather and refresh planning data
- Leverage best practices learned from our years of experience working with a variety of oil and gas executives.
Portfolio management solutions allow oil and gas companies to integrate and optimize their global capital programs in alignment with dynamic market conditions. In turn, more comprehensive and interactive management of capital programs enables upstream companies to better simulate future business performance, evaluate more potential investment scenarios and make better business decisions.
Petroleum Economics Solutions
Aucerna (Formerly 3esi-Enersight) provides Petroleum Economics and business planning in a single solution, allowing our customers to run complex petroleum planning scenarios in less time than before, while always knowing their cash-flows are up to date as their plans evolve. With Aucerna petroleum economics, companies spend far less time gathering economic data, so they can devote more time to value-add analysis. Modeling complex PSA’s and royalty regimes is streamlined, and we are the only solution provider that lets planners leverage their own detailed economic models at any level within their own multi-node fiscal hierarchy, using transparent, auditable calculations.
Key benefits of the Aucerna Solution for Petroleum Economics:
- Spend less time gathering economic data, and more on analysis
- Model complex economic profit sharing agreements (PSA’s) and royalty regimes in less time than before
- Automatically keep your economic models up to date as your plan changes
- Effortlessly validate your forecasted NPV’s
- Leverage your own economic models for increased confidence.
Historically, large companies have invested heavily in complex, custom-coded applications for petroleum economics, but these are becoming too rigid and inflexible for the modern business environment. While smaller companies have relied on spreadsheets to integrate reserve and business planning data, these are too slow, resource-intensive and error-prone.
Request a demonstration
Experience Aucerna solutions for yourself with a live demonstration, and find out how Aucerna can help you address your oil and gas planning challenges. Our experienced team will provide you with a high-level or in-depth overview of Aucerna Solutions.
Gartner Disclaimer Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
(1) Gartner, Inc. “Hype Cycle for Upstream Oil and Gas Technologies, 2016” by Rich McAvey and Morgan Eldred. July 21 2016.